Monday, October 15, 2012

spring retreat report


 a wonderful weekend crafty retreat was had
in a sweet cottage 
 
on the outskirts of the lovely historic town
of Woodend about an hour or so from home
love the rough n'tumble of exposed old red brick
& went spotting a door or two in town on Sat morn
for there are always op shops to scan for goodies
found one little treasure ... silver cake stand to go with another 
.... hmm just 'need' one more

so there was a buzz of at least one machine almost all weekend
8 of us ... thanks for a fun time .... Cas, Kylie, Esther, Judy, Barbara, Anna & Bron

 from after lunch on friday to after lunch on Sunday
lots of stitching, pressing, cutting, knitting, making, cooking, chatting, cups of tea & laughing 
... oh & some sleep ... in super comfy fresh crisp linen beds ... yay!
 what did i achieve ... lots
i took loads as you could see .... 
binding on x12 muslin baby wraps for Shop Handmade
 finished ... yep that's right .... finished hand quilting on this gorgeous quilt


some free form scrap patchwork
started a new one

hand & machine quilted another
love this process
 what else .... ? there was a figgy pudding HST quilt basted
crikey ... i've just looked back & realised that I started this 3 years ago
ok ... goal set: must have this quilt finished to use for this christmas

oh & crochet flower ends sewn in
lots of center panels pieced for my bamboo baby blankets
& a new project started ... yeah i know i have plenty on the go
some tumblers with Kaffe & friends .... i'll show you more sometime soon
but thankyou Anna for spoiling me with some fabric scraps ...

 & thankyou Esther for you timely destash
loving this already half made set of cute bucket hats ....

so that's my catch up for blogtoberfest ....
... check back later for the pattern giveaway draw ...

PS - Thanks Kylie ... i pinched your pic of all of us & the cottage
.... i was too busy sewing!



8 comments:

ARTwendy ... said...

Sam said ... STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Finished?????????? no way? Sounds like you did HEAPS, good for you! looks like a great place too....those wraps look amazing...and I have the same bucket hat pattern...they look great on my girls! xxxxxx

ARTwendy ... said...

and Sam also said ... I only just read the other post...'wip creative spaces'....luck you told me to get a life...and yes, you did stretch me just a little..(but thats what you do because YOURE so talented, you think everyone can do it too!!!) and Im sorry you feel responsible to help me finsih it, but i am ETERNALLY grateful! xxxxx

nicole said...

whoa! sounds like you had a MASSIVELY productive weekend! you must be exhausted ha ha!
major jealousy happening over here!
xo

Cath said...

Are you kidding me??????????? That is one impressive list of FO's!!!! Oh, to be so productive! Still loving that Pink/green quilt. Our Sydney group is going away to e crafty next weekend so I will be channelling your productivity energy all weekend! C x

Kylie said...

I didn't nearly achieve what you did:) I did fight and win the battle with the knitted shawl which I am wrapped about. You got so much done.

Karen said...

Wow you got so much done Wendy, well done. Looks like it was a great weekend, very impressive finished list.

monkeemoomoo said...

This sounds like such a lovely (and productive) weekend. I love your quilts. xo

I'm visiting for the first time from blogtoberfest:)

Copper Patch said...

Wow you were VERY productive. I'm so glad you enjoyed the house. I opened The Retreat Woodend so people could relax and indulge in crafty goodness but you've taken it to a whole new level with all of your finishes. Well done!
Abbe

www.theretreatwoodend.com.au